Exploring the State of Cryptocurrencies and the Path to Main Street Acceptance
On January 2019, Bitcoin celebrates its tenth anniversary of its first transaction. Back in 2017, Bitcoin was the hot conversation achieving over 1300% return. Is Bitcoin and its sibling cryptocurrencies a fad, mere speculation, medium of exchange or can it be considered an investment?
This program has assembled a variety of participants to explore cryptocurrency, Initial Coin Offering (ICO), and its ecosystem. Prominent representatives from Asset Management, Venture Capital, Digital Community, and Custodial Bank sharing their opinions about the future of cryptocurrency and their client's experience. Our speakers will discuss the current state of the marketplace and address these questions:
- Who and why individuals are trading digital currency?
- What are the trends and the challenges of investing in cryptocurrencies?
- Are adequately safeguarded for “Traditional Investors”?
2:30 PM | Keynote Speaker - Crypto Capitalism: The Emergence of a New Financial System
3:15 PM | ICO and Tokenization
- Mark Yusko, CIO of Morgan Creek Asset Management
- Rob Frasca, Cosimo Ventures
3:40 PM | Break
4:00 PM | Crypto Custody and Trading
- Chris Arnold,Managing Director, Morgan Creek Digital
- Beatrice O’Carroll, Head of Institutional Sales, Circle
- Josh Deems, Business Development, Digital Assets at Fidelity
- Michael Sonnenshein, Managing Director, Grayscale Investments
4:40 PM | A Practitioner Perspective, with an emphasis on Security
- John Sarson, Managing Partner, Sarson Funds
5:00 PM Reception
University of Massachusetts Club
1 Beacon St
32nd Floor - Amherst Room
Boston, MA 02108
CE CreditCFA Boston has determined that this event qualifies for 2 CE credit hours under the guidelines of CFA Institute's Continuing Education Program. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this event will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.